The GreanGrid Solar vision: It's in the name
You might wonder how we chose our name. Well, to start, the unexpected spelling is deliberate. We noticed that a lot of things these days are labeled “green.” Unfortunately, not everything on the list is actually helping to make our planet a better place to live. And some things—even fossil fuels like coal—are being green-washed as "clean."
The fact is, the supply to much of our national energy grid comes from burning fossil fuels. That's harming our environment, and depleting non-renewable resources. Making matters worse, fossil fuels are being transported hundreds of miles from their sources to the power plants where they're burned. Our goal is to rebalance the grid so that more of the demand is met by clean, renewable energy from sources close to home.
In short, we want a greener, cleaner grid. That's Grean.
Among renewable sources of energy, our focus is on the Sun. Our solutions capture abundant solar energy that would otherwise just bounce off or get absorbed by your property's roof. Energy is converted immediately, and used on the spot, eliminating the waste of electricity that's transmitted over miles of wire from conventional fossil-fuel sources. Best yet, GreanGrid Solar systems can return surplus electricity to the utility grid, helping to offset the demand for energy that's generated by burning fossil fuels.
GreanGrid Solar mission
Accelerate the deployment of clean, green, renewable energy to improve the quality of ALL life on earth.
Meet the GreanGrid Solar team
Rajiv Pandya (President)
As President of GreanGrid Solar and Co-Manager of Clean Feet Investors, Rajiv brings deep technical and commercial knowledge of the solar energy industry and extensive management experience from the corporate world. Before focusing full time on the renewable energy industry in 2010, Rajiv was with The Dow Chemical Company for 23 years, including his last ten years overseas as Chief Procurement Officer for the Company’s Asia Pacific Region. Rajiv holds a BS Electrical Engineering from The University of Houston, and an MBA from The Cameron School of Business.
Jon Vasconcellos (Finance)
Drawing upon more than 20 years of experience in senior finance & management, Mr. Vasconcellos provides strategic and financial consulting services to businesses in various stages of development. After an initial six years of experience at public accounting firm KPMG LLP, Mr. Vasconcellos has held positions of financial leadership at various educational institutions, including Chief Financial Officer for ATI Schools & Colleges where he was responsible for all aspects of accounting, financial reporting, real estate, legal, financial aid, treasury, debt management, information technology, and M&A functions. Since 2012, Jon has been the Chief Financial Officer of DFW Solar Electric, which is one of the largest residential solar design and installation companies in North Texas. Mr. Vasconcellos holds a Bachelor of Science in Accountancy from Miami University, and is a Certified Public Accountant in the State of Ohio.
Jigar Shah (Advisor)
As CEO of Jigar Shah Consulting, Jigar is a renowned visionary and entrepreneur who works closely to guide and influence business leaders and policy makers around the globe on issues to implement profitable solutions to climate change. As Former CEO of the Carbon War Room and Founder of SunEdison, Jigar has been committed to leveraging the next economy by solving the challenging issues of our time, which included revolutionizing the solar industry by introducing the “solar as a service” business model that helped accelerate solar PV into a multi-billion dollar industry worldwide. Jigar holds a BS in Mechanical Engineering from The University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, and an MBA from The University of Maryland. His new book Creating Climate Wealth is available on Amazon and at http://climatewealth.co/
Our stellar partners
- Clean Feet Investors - an investment fund jump started by renowned renewable energy professionals Jigar Shah and Bernie Zahren to provide impact investments to small and medium sized renewable energy projects. Our partnership with Clean Feet Investors has given GreanGrid Solar a broader perspective of the industry and a solid platform for future growth.
- DFW Solar Electric – a North Texas solar electric company that brings the benefits and value of solar energy to their customer’s home. Established in 2012, DFW SE believes in making solar energy affordable and available to everyone by effectively designing and installing solar electric systems on residential properties.
- StraightUp Solar - based in St. Louis and serves Missouri, Illinois, and the surrounding region. Straight up has integrated hundreds of solar projects ranging from smaller residential projects to large, complex commercial projects.
- Lighthouse Solar – a certified solar installation company chosen for their dedication to quality, design, and a customer-focused experience. Their national experience has helped GreanGrid Solar grow in Texas, Southern California, and on the East Coast.
- Technicians for Sustainability – a certified solar installation company based in Tucson, AZ. The largest solar installer in Southern Arizona, TFS is known for high-quality work and professionalism.
- Solar Solutions El Paso - one of the most experienced solar companies in Texas, and backed by more than 30 years of experience in designing and installing solar systems.
- ProVision Solar - incorporated in 1988, one of Hawai'i's oldest pure Solar Photovoltaic companies, providing the highest efficiency solar energy systems to homeowners and businesses on the Big Island of Hawai'i, Maui, Molokai, Kauai and O'ahu.
Careers in solar energy
Growth in the solar-energy industry—already fueled by billions of dollars in annual sales—is driving the need for more and more skilled solar-industry workers. As the industry continues to expand, leading companies will create jobs employing new and seasoned professionals alike, in manufacturing, engineering, sales, installation, service, and maintenance, just to keep up with public demand.
Careers at GreanGrid Solar
No open opportunities at this time